I’m Steph! I’m a Michigan wedding + elopement photographer currently living in the beautiful city of Grand Rapids. I grew up in the Detroit area, and my serious love for the outdoors & adventure is what brought me west to where I am now.
I LOVE adventure. And travel. I think that experiences are truly the most important thing in life, and I am so thankful that I am able to experience so many amazing people and places because of this job! Nature is truly my biggest inspiration in both my work and my life, especially when that involves bringing to light how beautiful our mitten state is. So if I’m not at my desk, I can almost always be found either romping around the lakeshores (any time of year, bring on the cold baby!), curled up around a fire at a campsite, drinking a cold beer on a patio somewhere, or hiking through the forest with my dog (who I am unashamedly obsessed with).
I also have a serious passion for the classics, or as my friends so lovingly call it, “a grandpa’s taste in music”. So if you can rock out to some Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Tom Petty, Journey, or any other jams from the 70s/80s/90s, I can guarantee we are going to have a GREAT time.
I connect with people who are always down for an adventure, who are always up for a good time, and who also love this big beautiful planet of ours as much as I do. The most important thing to me is making a lasting connection with everyone I work with, so that I can learn your story & tell it well. So let’s meet up for a drink, go for a hike with our dogs, smash some pizza, I am here for it all!
– If I wasn’t a photographer I would want to be a snowboard instructor
– Before I was a dog mom the only “pet” I could have was plants so I have 1000
– My favorite color is blue, but it should be green because most of the time I’m wearing so much of it I look like a walking olive
– I love smelling like a campfire
– I am completely terrified of bugs and will definitely scream if something buzzes in my ear (how am I an outdoorsy person I have no idea)
– Whenever I’m editing there’s a 90% chance the Office is on (I’ve seen it like 12 times through it might be a problem)